The Keyword Monitor tool gives you the ability to monitor up to three domains of your choice for daily keyword rankings. Keyword monitoring encompasses the monitoring of positions for search terms that you determine within a local search market. This means that results foreign-language URLs (such as pages with spanish content) are hidden in the determination of the ranking, allowing users to better identify the ranking’s actual development in the local search market.
- Click ‘Domains’ under the search field in order to enter the domains whose daily rankings you would like to monitor. If you have packages for multiple search markets, select the relevant search market.
- Click ‘Keywords’ under the search field in order to enter up to 50 keywords per domain whose daily rankings you would like to monitor.
- After approx. 48 hours, we will have collected two data points for each keyword entered. At this point, the results output will be available for you to view.
Keyword Monitor Report:
You will see a table containing the rankings for the keywords you entered in the domain’s Top 50 rankings in the results output, including the following additional information:
- The ranking keyword (clicking the keyword will take you to keyword research)
- The keyword’s ranking URL
- The keyword’s average position
- The keyword’s average position on the previous day
- The keyword’s change in position compared to the previous day
- -:no change in position compared to the previous day
- +n: rose by n positions for this keyword
- -n: dropped by n positions for this keyword
- new: The website entered the Top 50 for this keyword for the first time
- Keyword traffic/search volume
- Keyword search trend over the course of the year
Users can set additional restrictions for the results list via ‘Options’ under the search field where the domain can be entered:
- The two days whose rankings users want to compare
- The positions that users would like to see (such as 11–20 potential keywords)
Ranking progress of Keyword Monitoring:
You can see two small chart icons next to each keyword. Clicking the first chart icon opens a layer that displays the ranking progress for this domain. Clicking the second chart icon opens a layer that displays the ranking progress for this URL.